|Welcome to the official website of Wuxi S&Y Co., Ltd.！|
Precautions for the use of polymer splints
Polymer splint is composed of multiple layers of polymer fibers impregnated with polyurethane and polyester. It is an ideal upgrade product for traditional plaster bandages. The polymer splint has received good clinical results through the use of more than 10,000 clinical cases.
Wuxi S&Y Co., Ltd. is a modern high-tech enterprise, a comprehensive production factory integrating technology research and development, industrial medical product production and domestic and foreign trade sales. The main products are: polymer fixed bandages and medical polymer splints for external fixation supplies of orthopedics in hospitals;
Let ’s share the precautions of using polymer splint.
1. Heighten the affected limb to avoid swelling, which is conducive to swelling;
2. Closely observe the condition of the affected limb. If there is severe pain, chills, or abnormalities in the flexibility of fingers or toes, immediately release the splint, do not delay time, otherwise it will easily cause serious consequences such as compression and ulceration of the skin of the limb
3. The fingers or toes exposed outside the splint must be regularly exercised to promote blood circulation and accelerate fracture healing;
4. Pay attention to personal hygiene and keep the affected area clean and dry. Keep warm in winter to avoid frostbite;
5. Regularly review and find that the splint is loose and must be re-fixed. Generally, the review will be performed within 1 week after the upper splint, and then every two to three weeks until the fracture is healed;
6. Do not remove the splint by yourself without special circumstances, and contact the doctor in time if there is any problem.
Readers of this article also read: Steps for using polymer splints Precautions for using polymer splints